Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Josh ??

I am standing in this long line and I see a balloon being passed around at frightening speed. Soon enough it reaches me. I am supposed to pass the damn thing over my head and give it to the guy behind me, who incidentally is shouting furiously, "pass it fast man, fast....". I pass it on soon enough, more out of fear of the shouting mob than any personal involvement. Finally, the guy at the end of the line grabs the balloon and dashes forward to give it to the anchor who shouts out "And 6 points to xyz team"... a loud cheer goes up and I see people giving high fives to one another !!!

A few minutes later the anchor kicks off another contest. The objective - to make the longest link/rope using only ones belts and shoe laces. Ofcourse, the team which performs best would get 6 points.....Wow, exciting !!!! The minute the word 'Go' was announced everyone was busy taking off their belt and shoe laces, while I was standing there worried about whether my pant would fall the moment the belt was taken off. While I stood there contemplating this genuine worry, the others had eagerly taken off their belt and laces and had formed a link. Ya, it looked impressive, but they needed more belts to get the 6 points you know. I heard the same furious shouting "pass it fast man, fast...." and I knew the moment had arrived, I had to part with my belt. The shoe lace however stayed, simply because I knew there was no way I could ever thread it back through the complicated maze of holes if I took it out.

More of such 'amazing' contests were held before a much needed break was announced. Over coffee I realized that my friends were also as 'enthusiastic' as I was. However, the unanimous conclusion was that my 'enthusiasm' and 'spirit' were a class apart. Infact, one of them even remarked that I was the most cynical guy he had ever met. Uhmmm...something had to be done, before things got worse for me (or for the others who had to put up with me, whichever way you look at it).

After the break, I decided to get close to scene of action with the sole intention of observing what each one was upto and was hoping to discover the source of their unlimited energy and enthusiasm. After 'intense' research, based on parameters such as energy levels, enthusiasm levels and activities involved, I managed to draw up the following classification of the team:

Jokes apart, we did attempt an introspection afterwards and swiftly concluded that the games and scoring system didn't correspond to our line of interest. '6 points to the team that dashes to lunch first?' or maybe '6 points to the team that comes in last after a break?' , now, those would have been games worth looking forward to. Well anyway who cares?As the age old tagline goes 'We are like this only'.. :-)


Comments:
Hilarious! Saar, update my blog link. Thank you.
 
Dai SAKAI, you have made a good job out of that messy DAY! PHEW! i am happy its over! :))
 
xactly. one of the reasons why i dont go to these do's. Do we build teams this way?
 
Death to the distastefully enthusiastic. :D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?