Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

Traffic Woes...

A year ago my company shuttle used to pick me up at 8:05 A.M and end up in office by 9:00 A.M. But these days, it would be nothing short of a miracle if my shuttle reaches office before 9:30 A.M. A couple of days ago it reached office as late as 10:00, a mere 20 minutes before the 'late shuttles' operating from other areas turned up. If the 'Mysore-Bangalore' expressway is built (if and ever it is built) I think I would reach Mysore in lesser time than I reach Whitefield. Maybe a day in the future, if the traffic situation keeps worsening, it might well takes months to reach my office in whitefield and by the time I get out of the shuttle I would have enough hair to be counted as a Sai Baba look alike in Whitefield.

Just as every Survivor of a genocide pogrom would clearly remember till his last days, the concentration camp he or she was posted to, there is one particular place en route to office that would be forever etched in my memory. It gives me nightmares and would haunt me for the rest of my life - Welcome to KR Puram bridge, Welcome to hell.

Take a look at this marvel of engineering:



A suspension bridge eh ?, pretty impressive, but have a look at the scene below the bridge (the road leading to ITPL)


Uhmm....sorry I couldn't get a pic of that scene. Trust me, it looks much worse than the chaos depicted in the picture. Krishna Raja Puram (KR Puram) bridge should be re-christened as Yama Raja Puram bridge. Would be a much more apt name for this hellish place.

Anyways, fellow citizens the situation would soon be under control. Nothing to fear as our 'able' leaders are working 'relentlessly' towards finding a solution for the traffic problem. Lead by 'TheRum' Singh they visited New Delhi a few days back to assess the metro rail system there. Good system in place, they seemed to concur. Uhmm.. but maybe Kolkata has a better Metro rail system, or perhaps Paris has the best system in place, surely our leaders would even travel 'all the way' to Paris for this cause.

Well in anycase, the CM or the deputy CM (err what's his name?,,,does it even matter?) cannot take the big decision themselves without the seal of approval from a certain ex-PM. His engineering 'acumen' and 'vision' is required in deciding which form of mass transit system is the best suited for our city. Metro gets his favor one day, sadly it is abandoned a few days later in favor of ELRTS,which in turn is unceremoniously dumped for something else. Offcourse, his argument is valid, the best form of mass transit has to be 'economically feasible', economically feasible for whom I wonder?


Comments:
I truly feel for you.

But its surprising that you find reaching Whitefield more hellish than reacing Elec. city through the Hosur Road "corridor."

Bangalore...sigh
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?